By Antonela Pounder @AnimatedAnt (Community Manager – 505 Games)
Firstly, we just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who has shown us their support over the last few weeks! We are so unbelievably grateful to have such passionate players who spend many, many hours a week playing Assetto Corsa and take the time to chat to us across social media. It means so much to the team!
So, what’s new? Well, we wanted to give you guys an insight into SOME of the things to expect as part of our next update on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, due later this month.
- Framerate will be smoother and screen tearing issues have been resolved.
- Players will be able to select their starting position in the race options screen.
- On launching Assetto Corsa, the game will recognise the device you are using, when selecting the ‘X’ (PlayStation 4) or ‘A’ (Xbox One) button in the start screen.
- Thrustmaster T80, T100 and TH8 shifter functionality has been improved.
- A new option which allows the player to set the visual steering lock to any degree is coming.
- 2 additional difficulty levels – ‚Very Easy’ and ‚Very Hard’.
- AI strengths have been re-balanced, in response to community feedback.
A full list of additions, fixes and features will be published in due course.
On behalf of the whole team, we want to thank our community for their incredible enthusiasm, passion and patience! Be rest assured, Assetto Corsa 1.0 on PS4/XB1 is just the start. As we’ve said numerous times before, we fully intend on building on these foundations, going forward. We’re excited and we hope you guys are too!